Continue to Site

Welcome to MCAD Central

Join our MCAD Central community forums, the largest resource for MCAD (Mechanical Computer-Aided Design) professionals, including files, forums, jobs, articles, calendar, and more.

modelling corner radius

wilmath said:
There is a tutorial to do this problem. I think it is for pre-wildfire but is easy enough, however I don't understand what is going on with the merge operation.

Why not remove material with the sweep? I tried that but it wouldn't work.View attachment 4944

Here is the link: http://www.mcadcentral.com/articles/templates/proe.asp?artic leid=10&zoneid=2

I

Funny, just like the oneI posted. Regarding the merge, "solidify" commanddidnt exist pre WF , back then it was called a merge operation.

//Tobias

Remove material operationsmay have problems creating the geometry where entities are tangent forming a sharp corner which is the case here. If you move the trajectory end up you can remove the material with the VSS .

ok friends, thanks for your help. Finally i got it myself. i just created point on each edge and buiil curve thru that points, then created the surface by that curves.then i used that surfaces to cut the radius at the corner.

then i tried with VSS, that way also i got it.thanks once again.
Edited by: chetanghatti

Sponsor

Articles From 3DCAD World

Back