Continue to Site

Welcome to MCAD Central

Join our MCAD Central community forums, the largest resource for MCAD (Mechanical Computer-Aided Design) professionals, including files, forums, jobs, articles, calendar, and more.

Interview Questions in ProE

The trail file only works to retrieve data if you haven't saved and purged in the current session. If you have saved and not purged, you can just delete the newer versions of the file (probably better to just put them in a different directory for now), delete the last few lines from the trail file, and run it. Even this doesn't always work - there is some kind of black magic going on. I have tried to run a trail file several times to save about two hours work, and every time it died at a totally different place. The real answer is to save often. I find them more useful as a sort of extended mapkey. I have one that populates a part with a list of standard parameters. You then just go and edit the parameters instead of having to create them all from scratch. I have one that renames all the parts and drawings in an assembly from xxxx-part-name to yyyy-part-name. yyyy is the shop order number. When you edit the trail file, all you do is search for yyyy and replace it with the appropriate shop order number.

As far as the interview, I suggest looking for a more appropriate entry level position. You'll look much better to the new employer and might actually get to keep your job.

Sponsor

Articles From 3DCAD World

Back