Continue to Site

Welcome to MCAD Central

Join our MCAD Central community forums, the largest resource for MCAD (Mechanical Computer-Aided Design) professionals, including files, forums, jobs, articles, calendar, and more.

criss cross rib

Hello,

thank you all for your effort , i appreciate it greatly esp. gafatwork, hammerpe and kdem for the sample file. and not forgetting miko and dgs.

even though there's recession i hope you all have a great year....

smiley8.gif

hi gafat,

how do i pick the intersection as reference in order to draw the 1st sketch. i can only pick it individually not as a whole section. therefor when i pattern it doesn't conform to the shape. is there a trick?

thks & regards.
smiley19.gif

ok I won`t introduce better solution than already had been discussed.

However I would like to mention that Pro/E indeed suffer "extra tool" for ribs creation.

The one already introduced in any version of Pro/E is off the mark.

I mean - yes it does some cute tricks like handling revolve surface of forehead, but it demands often special treatment while Patterning after.

It does not allow to automaticaly find all ribs thickness by deafault in relations. Which would be intresting tool to have to relate rib thickness with appropriate wall thickness.

It would be smart to(at start, by default) set proper factor between all created ribs and main wall thickness and avoiding difficult relations creation, sometimes inside each of feature as it is now.If Pro/E knows which feature in fact is a rib, missing such a funcionality is strange to say at least.

More - imagine excluding some intended ribs and making for them addinional factor. All without relations which IMHO is possible. That could create finaly some Plastic Package. All is some kind of graphic interface, where Pro/E reflect all existing ribs, existing wall thickness and related factor to maintain.

Add to this possibility to have a tool for ribs which creates geometry based on crossed profile, which problem is discussed now, and automated analisys for all ribs in regard to main wall thickness, done by Modelcheck in example. All without overhelming relations. Wouldn`t be great?!

Add to this mainting other feature related to wall thickness like: bosses, lugs, pins, latches, etc.

in WF5 , you canadd drafts and alsorounds to the rib , all in the new"rib feature". (dont have to do it in separate features) pretty sweet!

dont know how it handles pattern thou, probably like before
smiley2.gif

Edited by: tobbo

ssa1-

When selecting sketch references to set up the sketch, I queried with the RMB until the entire curve feature was selected. You may be able to do a select from list as well. If you don't use the RMB, it will select the single edge/ face.

hope this helps!

-gafatwork

Sponsor

Articles From 3DCAD World

Back