Continue to Site

Welcome to MCAD Central

Join our MCAD Central community forums, the largest resource for MCAD (Mechanical Computer-Aided Design) professionals, including files, forums, jobs, articles, calendar, and more.

Creo is the worst software imaginable

First of all that sketch is crazy, if that part is modeled correctly you just select the feature ON THE SCREEN, no reason to look for it in the tree, select it, right click and edit it. You only get the dimensions associated with just that one feature, amazing huh, and not 2000 dimensions from that wonderful sketch ya got there. just keep it simple .....

just my 1 cent

Gary

Headrush, your recently posted sketch took away any shred of credibilty you had left. You are not using the software correctly, plain and simple.

headrush said:
Crash 4. Reboot. Crash 5. Apparently I'm toast. Looks like the next step is a reinstall. Oh Joy.

You obviously have some problem you need to solve rather than wasting your (and our) time with useless internet posts. In 24 years of using Pro/E I've never had to do a reinstall. You need some professional help.

dr_gallup said:
headrush said:
Crash 4. Reboot. Crash 5. Apparently I'm toast. Looks like the next step is a reinstall. Oh Joy.

You obviously have some problem you need to solve rather than wasting your (and our) time with useless internet posts. In 24 years of using Pro/E I've never had to do a reinstall. You need some professional help.

I completely agree Dr_Gallup.

Also, that much in crashing there is obviously a problem with the configuration of the system, NOT Creo that is causing that. Most likely drive space or memory. Possibly an incompatible driver or something. It is not a Creo problem.

My workspace became corrupted a couple of days ago. That was fun! I called support and the guy said he would investigate and send an email, but I did not receive one. Luckily in-house support diagnosed the problem (apparently it's common).

Sure would be nice if Creo would round dual dimension tolerances instead of truncate them. Why on earth would anyone want to truncate? Maybe in one out of 1000 situations. I suspect there is a config setting somewhere but I sure cant find it. And I can't log into help for some strange reason.

I'm still looking for the following config.pro setting:

Software_runs_FUBAR

Although I'm certain the setting is permanently stuck on "yes".

Some configs have On/Off settings
smiley36.gif

You can set the number of decimal places on secondary dimensions to be the same, more or less than the primary units. Pro/E will adjust the displayed value at the number of decimal places shown to always fall inside the tolerance of the primary dimensions. This is how it MUST be, you don't want some approximationof the real value to mislead the supplier into thinking they have more tolerance than what the drawing allows.

I am really impressed with the Creo tools. I have some small tweaks or modifications to suggest but far less than my list for improvements in Solidworks or Unigraphics.

The crashing is probably due to a non standard or supported video card. You should be using NVidia cards and drivers.

I turn SW users into Creo advocates each month. Consider coming over to Designengine. And we teach SW, Pro/E, Creo, Rhino etc....

Last edited:

Sponsor

Articles From 3DCAD World

Back