Continue to Site

Welcome to MCAD Central

Join our MCAD Central community forums, the largest resource for MCAD (Mechanical Computer-Aided Design) professionals, including files, forums, jobs, articles, calendar, and more.

XTOP.EXE Error

Yodes42

Hi everyone,

Has anyone else been getting the error message XTOP.EXE? I get this message everytime i exit out of Proe. Does anyone have any information on this error?

thanks in advance.

Brian.

That's probably related to 3dconnexion device since 3DxWare is it's driver. Do you have any 3D mouse?

Bari1,

yes i do have a space navigator, but i posted the same error messageon 3dconnexion's forum and the onlyposts i got back was it had something to do with pro. I guess i'm at a loss for my problem.

thanks

Yodes

Xtop.exe is the Pro/E top level executable. The message is coming from your space navigator saying that you made some changes to it's configuration and asking if you want to save the 3DxWare configuration for Pro/E. It is not an error message.

i think this is basically happening because of 3dconnexion
device, as 3DxWare is it's driver. tell me one thing, do
you have any 3D mouse?

<a href="http://www.articlewritingclicks.com/" target="_blank">repair an exe
that stops responding</a>
Edited by: martingh

Hey guys,

I was reading a lot of these threads regarding the xtop.exe errors. I'm not trying to troll or throw a wrench or anything, but I'm getting that same message "xtop.exe has stopped responding" then my ProE crashes. The crazy thing is: I don't run a 3D mouse. There has never been one connected to this computer, and no driver has ever been installed for such a device.

So, what now? It may have been a 3D mouse device on some of your systems, but certainly not mine.

Thanks!

Sponsor

Articles From 3DCAD World

Back