Continue to Site

Welcome to MCAD Central

Join our MCAD Central community forums, the largest resource for MCAD (Mechanical Computer-Aided Design) professionals, including files, forums, jobs, articles, calendar, and more.

Workpiece display in drawings

penjas14

For some reason my workpiece in drawing mode is "transparent". I can see through it and whatever is under it.None of the other parts in my assembly are this way.I've tried changing the HLR display for theworkpiece but it doesn't change anything. It wasn't like this before so I'm not sure what happened. I am using WF4 M050.

In view properties change setting:
no hidden, tangent: none
could u post image how it looks like..that may help

View attachment 5586

The part is set to Workpiece in my Manufacturing file. The 2 parts you see are Station 1 and 2. I have the drawing poperties set to No Hidden and Tangent Edges - None. But you can see through the workpiece.

This is the way how proe handles workpieces, if it would make it solid (not transparent) you wouldn't be able to see what you're milling.

What i use as a workaround, is loading the same part as the workpiece as a part to be milled. then i use a Simplified rep on the drawing to show only this part and not the workpiece. When i'm creatingsequences this part is suppressed or hidden. (or added after i'm finished)

Sponsor

Articles From 3DCAD World

Back