Continue to Site

Welcome to MCAD Central

Join our MCAD Central community forums, the largest resource for MCAD (Mechanical Computer-Aided Design) professionals, including files, forums, jobs, articles, calendar, and more.

Wlidfire 2.0 SE wont start

tinag

Help...!!!!!!

Ive just installed wildfire SE2.0 on my pc.. but it wont start.. ive tried rebooting and re-installing but it just wont start.

View attachment 708

What does this mean ??
smiley5.gif

TIA

Tinag

Hi J

Its NT 4.0... and it does say its compatible with NT... Do you think this is the problem ?

it shouldnl't be a problem with NT, it's built on the same principles as win2000 and XP..

maybe change the default install directory away from "Program files" to maybe c:\PTC (as in get rid of the space in the directory name)??

any plans to upgrade the os just incase?

they wont upgrade.. up until today i was s'pose to be gettin a new pc... but once again.. they change their minds.... It makes me soooo mad when they do that !!

smiley7.gif

Will keep trying tho

Ta

+1-2+1-2+1-2 :) Your work sounds
like that I just write
smiley2.gif
smiley4.gif

My suggestions is that OS must be reinstalled from scratch minimum once in 6-8
months (maximum 10-12) With those words I mean - its easy to reinstall your OSand
try again to install ProE...... but much of people will disagree with me -
Those words worked very fine for me, and if something don

Hello....

It seems it is windows NT... I took the software home and put it on my laptop... OS XP home.. it works fine.. Now i have to bring my own laptop into work.

Has anyone else had problems installing wf2 on NT ? It does say it can be installed on an NT system
smiley5.gif
..... and i really dont wanna have to keep bringin me home laptop in... (its not very light !)..

Any suggestions.. ( apart from shootin the boss !) would be appreciated..
smiley4.gif

T

you could try doing a re-install of the os? may clean up a few things and possibly fix the problem (as suggested by speling
smiley4.gif
)

Hmmmmm, that may work.. if they had kept the NT OS disc... but big suprise.... NO DISC !!!!!
smiley11.gif
.I dont understand why i cant just load xp onto this machine !! if buying a new pc is too expensive.... surly just upgrading my os would be easier..

But nooooooo !! i struggle on...

Thanx peeps for all ur suggestions !!!

T

Speling... as easy as it should be to re-install or upgrade.. i work for a company which makes everything almost impossible.. down to the simplest of tasks.. i have begged to be upgraded to xp but with no luck.. i have turned the office inside out trying to find the nt disc which was supplied with this pc, but they have lost it..

I work for a massive company but unfortunatly thier methods are backwards to say the least...

I am even at the point where it is soo old that my cd writer no longer works.. its depressing.. but everytime they say they will update me.. they change thier minds last minute..

Me thinks its time for a new job
smiley5.gif

I can tell youwith confidence that your OS is the problem. WF2.0 will not run on NT4.0, period. I had the same issue. You must use 2000 or XP.

Tis strange how they insist that it will tho... ive had a look back and some one else has had this problem installing on NT, but the post never got replied to..

Thankyou all that have tried to help... i will continue my battle with the boss for xp !!

T

The error code gives a clear hint : it's all about long filenames. NT originally dates from the times where 8.3 names were common, so it's no wonder it gives problems with new programs. The fact that it is 32-bit doesn't change anything to that. You might have problems with Unicode text also. Don't know how much of that is in ProE, but it's not standard in NT either. In my opinion you should at least have Win2K to run present-day programs reliably.

Alex

Is it not starting at all, or does it try to start and shut down? There is a config.win issue where multiple config.wins cause wf2.0 pre m080 to not run.

Good luck,

Rob

Tina,

I will gladly tell your boss so
smiley2.gif
, if you think that's of any help.

I'm not an "early innovator" myself, but at a given moment anyone should decide on moving on to a proven reliable OS.

I "inherited" a computer with NT4 when I started freelance business in 2000, but when I crashed in 2002 I found out that I had no official OS. Even back then the only thing I could get in the shop was Win2K. If I am correctly informed today you can't even buy that anymore and are forced to go for WinXP. So when you are still working NT you surely are out of bounds (and out of support for that matter).

And as an extra I can assure you that Win2K is more stable than any version of NT and also easier to manage. More wizzards, more added administration tools and still the possibility to "finetune the engineunder the hood".

Alex

Sponsor

Articles From 3DCAD World

Back