Continue to Site

Welcome to MCAD Central

Join our MCAD Central community forums, the largest resource for MCAD (Mechanical Computer-Aided Design) professionals, including files, forums, jobs, articles, calendar, and more.

Windchill Projectlink viewer

CADSTATION

If you want something to work straight out of the box to provide the "seamless integration" that PTC claims then windchill is not it. The interface is the worst I have ever seen. If the screen isnt maximised you dont see the "double" vertical scroll bar that doesnt work correcly anyway!!
smiley7.gif

PTC keep on refering me back to the manual. Infact I have many copies of the manual which assumes the world is a friendly place- and all models drawn are done using standard methods. What about merged parts?, What about "ghost parts"? then what about not being able to Cut and paste because explorer was set to English and not English United states. Come on!!

I have almost emailed everyone at PTC helpdesk trying to get "ghost" parts resolved and the lastest drama involves drawings. Productview lite,express and productview...come on PTC make up your mind.. How about one product that works?Drawings with Jpg logos or specific colour images do not display.
smiley11.gif
Instead the proposed work around is to use faithful PDFs?

We bought Windchill to minimize databases and duplicates not create more and premature grey hair.

Sponsor

Articles From 3DCAD World

Back