Continue to Site

Welcome to MCAD Central

Join our MCAD Central community forums, the largest resource for MCAD (Mechanical Computer-Aided Design) professionals, including files, forums, jobs, articles, calendar, and more.

Windchill / Family Tables

herb

OK, guru's, I need help.

We are scheduled to undergo the Intralink to Windchill conversion next week. I am hearing that there are still problems with the transfer of data, especially the family tables. Our IT professional here has been asked by the PTC consultants we are using if our family tables are nested family tables or regular family tables. Huh? Evidently nested family tables are giving the Windchill migration tool fits. If our family tables are of the Windchill breaking kind, we will need to put off our migration until such time that PTC has this resolved.

Can any one explain to me (and my IT professional) what the difference is between nested and regular family tables?

Any recommendations?

Oh, and please use small, simple wording
smiley2.gif

Herb,

I believe a nested family table occurs when you create another family tablewithin an instance.

Jeff

Jeff wrote:
"I believe a nested family table occurs when you create another family table within an instance."
But then you use one of the instances in the first table in this new table, and tehn you will have problems. Always follow the golden rule "KEEP IT SIMPLE"

Sponsor

Articles From 3DCAD World

Back