Continue to Site

Welcome to MCAD Central

Join our MCAD Central community forums, the largest resource for MCAD (Mechanical Computer-Aided Design) professionals, including files, forums, jobs, articles, calendar, and more.

Wildfire 4.0

2ms1

When did Widfire 4.0 come out?! Can anyone tell me what the major changes are? Would you consider it an especially good release, or average, or what? Also, anyone know what's slated for WF5?

Where to start... sketcher has got some nice new diagnostic tools, ISDX has new sweet freeform editing functionalities, photolux lights are exponentially improved while requiring exponentially more memory, that old hidden confi.pro option to round all edges is now Auto Round, import data doctor has totally changed & I'm still trying to figure out what happened, etc, I'm downloading it today but it looks like it will take awhile, could be up to 2 gb total.

I vaguely recall getting the idea somewhere that Wildfire 5.0 was going to be a drasticallyrevised WF over the ones we've had so far and that WF4 was going to be sorta part-way to that version. Has anyone else here heard that kind of thing?

dr_gallup said:
You are downloading F000? All I see is C010 on the download page.

I was able to download 4 out of the 5 files. When I tried to get the 5th, it took me to a dead page. I'll try again today but so far no luck. Next step is to put in a call to tech support. It looks like 2.7 gb total.

Import Data Doctor is a lot better. They left out some functionalities in the pre-production, those sneaks. That just made my day.

Sponsor

Articles From 3DCAD World

Back