Continue to Site

Welcome to MCAD Central

Join our MCAD Central community forums, the largest resource for MCAD (Mechanical Computer-Aided Design) professionals, including files, forums, jobs, articles, calendar, and more.

Wildfire 2.0 vs Solidworks

Few years ago,i tried myself to found my own for what kind of reason prefer or not Proe or Sw

There are a lot to discuss,but finally i prefer ProE.For very complex instance ofdesign i can`t accept Sw is better.Sw is maybe the only software who recognize the features imported from others native files.Don`t forget Sw is Catia child.

Is more simple to change one single seat ,to switch one single person to another software.

SolidWorks does not even have a decent intent manager yet. Not sure about the latest version. Solidworks was designed with the bell curve population in mind. When people hire me it is not because they dont have time to model somthiing. It is becasue they can't model something. Fat chance in solidworks with the limited surfacing tools. That will change though over time. Oh.. I did several Barbie Flashlights from 2001 in Solidworks. I tried not to complain since my skill level on Solidworks was limited. I had a hard time not complaining. I learned a thing or two as well about Pro/E that I did not know and should have like construction lines in sketcher.

I did learn Alias and Maya and found that polygon stuff actually amazing. It converts to Nerbs surfaces and imports into Pro/E all g2 and ... ok I will stop.

The CAD manager of our Mexico Clients says it best. "I love Solidworks, I prefer powerpoint". Ok that is a little harsh which is why it is so funny.

Edited by: design-engine

Sponsor

Articles From 3DCAD World

Back