Continue to Site

Welcome to MCAD Central

Join our MCAD Central community forums, the largest resource for MCAD (Mechanical Computer-Aided Design) professionals, including files, forums, jobs, articles, calendar, and more.

Wildfire 2.0 Set dir and File open

extreme

I tried calling tech support on this, but just my luck I get someone who does not understand english and can not duplicate this issue. I wonder if those of you that are looking at 2.0 can duplicate this and let me know.

In the browser, select a folder and use the RMB to set directory.

Now go to the File pulldown menu and select open (to open a pro file). Are you seeing files in the directory you just set from the browser? I am not. I see files from other directories. I must use the set directory from the file pull down menu in order to see files in a specific directory.

And yes I know I can open files from the browser window, but it is hard to teach an old dog new tricks, and file pulldown menu is just something I like and I am accustom to.

It is intentional, here is a TPI about it:

Description

-----------------

When selecting #File > #Open or #File > #Save, Pro/ENGINEER opens the 'My Documents' directory instead of the working directory.

Alternate Technique

-----------------

Select the #Working Directory icon at the top of the dialog box.

To make this the default, set the config.pro option 'file_open_default_folder' to 'working_directory'.

Resolution

-----------------

This change in functionality was added to Pro/ENGINEER Wildfire 2.0 in compliance with the 'Windows Logo Requirements'.

> This change in functionality was added to Pro/ENGINEER

> Wildfire 2.0 in compliance with the 'Windows Logo

> Requirements'.

Gotta love it. Must have your CAD software look and feel like Word and Internet Exploder. Who cares if it's efficient for the task. That probably explains a lot about the iconification.

Resolution

-----------------

Switch to Linux and never look back.

-Bernie-

Sponsor

Articles From 3DCAD World

Back