Continue to Site

Welcome to MCAD Central

Join our MCAD Central community forums, the largest resource for MCAD (Mechanical Computer-Aided Design) professionals, including files, forums, jobs, articles, calendar, and more.

why can’t Pro-Engineer figure it out?

michaelpaul

I have dual monitors at work so I occasionally will have a model open on each monitor so I can easily switch back and forth from model to model.

why is it that when i switch from one window to another, Pro-E can figure out which window I'm in to allow me to zoom, pan, rotate my part, scroll the feature tree up and down, and even allow me to right click on a feature in the tree to provide feature info. but that's it? why can't it figure out that I've clicked in the window and that window is now the active one? I still have to activate the window to get it to recognize I want to work in that window!

just seems strange to me that some of the code knows where I am but the rest requires a window activate to function!

There is already a keyboard shortcut to activate window- ctrl+A.
Once you are used to..it seems very easy!
by default you will press ctrl+A after switching window!

s_pme20 said:
There is already a keyboard shortcut to activate window- ctrl+A.

Once you are used to..it seems very easy!

by default you will press ctrl+A after switching window!

i use this. all the time. but in any other windows application clicking in the window activates it. in pro e, clicking in it only allows certain things. my point is, if I click in the window, i want to work in that window.

I know..its annoying..
Other thing i always hate is: when you are in sketcher mode, you can not switch to other window without exiting sketch

and "save a copy" in Pro-E doesn't make what's on your screen the new copy... Still bites me in the butt often after using Pro-E for 8-9 years!

s_pme20 said:
I know..its annoying..
Other thing i always hate is: when you are in sketcher
mode, you can not switch to other window without exiting
sketch

If you could have multiple active windows why would you
purchase more licenses? Essentially it is like having
multiple licenses, therefore it is not allowed.

davidinindy said:
and "save a copy" in Pro-E doesn't
make what's on your screen the new copy... Still bites me
in the butt often after using Pro-E for 8-9 years!

Yeah thats called backup in Pro, at least in non-PTCPDM
environments.

Sponsor

Articles From 3DCAD World

Back