Continue to Site

Welcome to MCAD Central

Join our MCAD Central community forums, the largest resource for MCAD (Mechanical Computer-Aided Design) professionals, including files, forums, jobs, articles, calendar, and more.

Where has crosshatching gone? Crosshatching for symbols?

donha

Where has crosshatching gone in 2001? The only way I know how to insert draw mode crosshatching is by switching to Legacy in the Applications Menu. I am attempting to create a symbol with crosshatching. Does anyone know if this is possible and if so, how do I create the crosshatching in the symbol? Switching to Legacy in Symbol creation kicks me out of creating the symbol.

One more item of note: PTC's Knowledgebase suggests using Edit > Fill, Hatched or Solid to create draw mode crosshatching. I can't get that menu choice to appear?

Thanks ProFishnet. I also found the answer to creating crosshatching in symbols. You must create the geometry and crosshatch in the drawing and use the Copy Drawing option in Symbol Creation.

I forgot to mention that you need to hold SHIFT to select multiple entities. Also there is a shortcut icon under UTILITIES/CUSTOMIZE SCREEN/COMMANDS and drawing.

Copy this mapkey to your config.pro and you'll get hatching and fill with pick many as an added bonus :)

mapkey hatch #CREATE;#FILLED AREA;

Forgot to mention that if you want to put the hatch mapkey on your toolbar, you can replace the smiley face icon with the default hatch icon found under Drawing or create a custom icon.

Sponsor

Articles From 3DCAD World

Back