Continue to Site

Welcome to MCAD Central

Join our MCAD Central community forums, the largest resource for MCAD (Mechanical Computer-Aided Design) professionals, including files, forums, jobs, articles, calendar, and more.

What Wildfire 2.0 topics would you like to see videos for?

kvision

KinetiVision wants to be useful to the Pro/E users.

We are producing videos now and want your imput to help us get the most needed info out the door first. What do you want to see first?

hmm... good question

may be some intro video about new capabilities..

improvements about drawings, the new pattern command,

and of course anything new about surfaces and mechanisms

xcad

A video on the use of the new annotation features for 3D drawings. Special interest on how section views will be done.

How about a step by step creation of a BOM in the detailing?

I am basically a newbie and there are a bunch of guys like me here having some zillion questions about creating a BOM.

It'd be a lot of help to all of us.

Thanks in Advance Kvision.

I would like to see a step by step process to convert an imported sheetmetal IGES file to surfaces, convert it to a solid sheetmetal part, allowing one to flatten and work with the part.

I need to do this a lot and my success rate is hit or miss at best. I need to know how to do this effectively.

Jon

Would like to see videos for:

• 2001 to Wildfire 2 update training

• new enhancements for Wildfire 2

How about using the new Sketch feature in modelling? PTC has changed the recommended workflow from using the Extrude Tool and creating an internal sketch to instead creating the sketch and using it in the feature.

I'm with armyes13 but would like to back up a few steps first.

I still have yet to find anywhere a clear, step-by-step approach

to employ in implementing RSD (or Diagram), Cabling and

Harness Manufacture to attain a complete cable and harness

design and documentation environment.

Brad

More in-depth stuff on Pro/Program. More detail. Use an assembly as an example by swapping parts based on user input.

Surfacing in the real world, perhaps using a casting as an example instead of a fender. Intricate details about multiple surface intersections, etc.

Explain why it's so hard to get a balloon attachment on a sectioned part.

Assembling parts: explain the pros and cons of assembly procedures, mating surfaces (such as ID's) vs mating axes, etc.

Go into detail about how to fix parts and assemblies when the fix parts screen comes up. It's very intimidating.

What do all of those little symbols mean in the part tree? There are open rectangles, solid rectangles, double rectangles, others? I can't find any documentation on them.

Gary

Sponsor

Articles From 3DCAD World

Back