Continue to Site

Welcome to MCAD Central

Join our MCAD Central community forums, the largest resource for MCAD (Mechanical Computer-Aided Design) professionals, including files, forums, jobs, articles, calendar, and more.

WHAT IS IT???????????

monnetta

when i go to file<new and uncheck the use default template option, then under the file options dailog box, there is an option COPY ASSOCIATED DRAWING.

Post your guesses at the final problem here !!

I guess that monnetta is getting a message about pro DEVELOP when he exits pro engineer.

when i go to file... i can see: new, open, set working directory, close window, save, save a copy, blah blah blah....

sorry but my pc break

ONE MORE TIME!!!!!

when i go to file<new and uncheck the use default template option, then under the file options dailog box, there is an option COPY ASSOCIATED DRAWING.

yes!!!!! right!!!! :O)

WHEN I GO TO FILE NEW AND UNCHECK THE USE DEFAULT TEMPLATE OPTION , THEN UNDER THE FILE OPTIONS DAILOG BOX, THERE IS AN OPTION COPY ASSOCIATED DRAWING

The only thing that depreciates faster than a new computer is fresh fruit.

Well, I know it's not relevant to the original topic - but I'm damned if I can work out what the topic IS!

He's starting to shout with his hands.

WHEN I GO TO FILE NEW AND UNCHECK THE USE DEFAULT TEMPLATE OPTION , THEN UNDER THE FILE OPTIONS DAILOG BOX, THERE IS AN OPTION COPY ASSOCIATED DRAWING

Monnetta, if you're asking about copy assc. drawings in part mode, here is some info from PTC.

New File Options Dialog Box

When you create a new file object, you can use the default template chosen by Pro/ENGINEER, interactively select a template, or create an empty object. To create a new file using a template, you use the New File Options dialog box. To display the New File Options dialog, click File > New, and then clear Use default template in the New dialog box.

Template Area

All template files in the template directory for the specified object are displayed in the Template area. The default template for the specified object type and subtype is selected by default. You can type in the name of the desired template, select a template from the list, or browse your file system and select a different model to use as a template.

Parameters Area

The Parameters area lists all designated parameters from the template model. You can assign values for these parameters while creating new objects. All PTC standard part and assembly templates contain two default designated parameters: DESCRIPTION and MODELED BY. All designated parameters are passed into Pro/INTRALINK and Pro/PDM automatically.

Copy associated drawings

This option allows you to create a drawing of a new part automatically if you select a template that contains a drawing of the same name. For example, if you create a new solid part using the template inlbs_part_solid.prt, and the template directory contains a corresponding drawing template named inlbs_part_solid.drw, select the Copy associated drawings check box and a drawing of the same name will be created automatically.

Note: This check box is cleared by default. Use the configuration option rename_drawing_with_object to reset the default value.

when I go to file...

...when I go to edit , ...actualy ....when I go to applications....

It's fun ! Can I play too?

Sponsor

Articles From 3DCAD World

Back