Continue to Site

Welcome to MCAD Central

Join our MCAD Central community forums, the largest resource for MCAD (Mechanical Computer-Aided Design) professionals, including files, forums, jobs, articles, calendar, and more.

WF3 crash on regenerate after resolving

msmit

Using WF3

Situation:
I have one assembly with some 80 parts and subassemblies (plus nuts and bolts) nothing complicated. All parts are stand alone no interdependancies.

Problem: When I replace a subassy, pro-e crashes. To be precise: after replace by unrelated part pro-e goes into resolve mode. I resolve all placements of dependant parts. And after I click YES to leave resolve mode pro-e regenerates automatically and then hangs.

there are no warnings or errormsgs, it just freezes!

Has annyone had the same problem?
and of course how did you solve this?

Kind regards

It turns out that the problem was somewhere in the resolve mode redefine placement (clearly a bug)
In the end my work around was to freeze the components and after regeneration reestablish the placement relations by using edit definitions.

This cost me about a day work for what should have been a trivial task (replace a sub assembly). @*&%$@-program

cheers all,
other workarounds are still welcome, and if someone has figured out what causes this I would like to avoid it in the future, so please share.

make sure there is no confirmation window lurking behind your window waiting for a click. ProE sometimes hides them.

Sponsor

Articles From 3DCAD World

Back