Continue to Site

Welcome to MCAD Central

Join our MCAD Central community forums, the largest resource for MCAD (Mechanical Computer-Aided Design) professionals, including files, forums, jobs, articles, calendar, and more.

WF Round Edge selection method

Status
Not open for further replies.

Lazar

Does anyone know how to turn off the Tangent Chain mode when selecting edges to round?

I want to round an edge that happens to be tangent to other edges, however, I don't want the round to propogate past the selected edge.

I know you could do this in previous versions of Pro. Where you could select the method of picking your edges (e.g. One-by-One, Tangent Chain, etc.) How can this be done in Wildfire?

I had trouble with this also, and would like to know the solution. Another great WF improvement :(

Select the edge you want to round. Hold the shift key and select it again, this is one-by-one. If you move off the one edge to an adjacent edge you will see tangent chain, and then loop surf if you move over a surf with shift held down. Then use RMB and select round edges

Attached is a Flash video of this function.

kvision,

Thanks so much. I knew that it had to be something to do with the new selection method. I missed the step of selecting the edge again.

L

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sponsor

Articles From 3DCAD World

Back