Continue to Site

Welcome to MCAD Central

Join our MCAD Central community forums, the largest resource for MCAD (Mechanical Computer-Aided Design) professionals, including files, forums, jobs, articles, calendar, and more.

WF 5.0 can’t pull floating modules

jhyder79

I'm still waiting for PTC to call me on this issue, but I figured I would ask here in case someone else has seen this before...

I have Pro/E Wildfire 5.0 installed on a HP xw4600 workstation. I also have the license server installed on this same workstation since I am the only one using the software. I am able to load Pro/E without any issues but none of the floating modules are available. The LMTools program shows that the licenses are available and can be checked out, but Pro/E refuses to check them out.

Check your installation - Options like IDD, Vericut and all other floating modules should be installed, then only it can claim the modules

Hi,

As Hari said run setup again, and at following screen

Click on Edit. then at following screen click on license name as selected "Pro/Cabling" and click on bluearrow in center of this image. File will be moved to location where "Pro/HARNESS-MFG" is. complete setup and you should be all set.

Hope this will solve your problem
Regards,

Amit

Thanks, I'll give them a call tomorrow morning. Looking at my license.dat file it shows:

#148 1 Pro/ENGINEER Advanced Rendering Wildfire 5.0 Ext perm 2A117157

I would guess then the #148 would be replaced with #283 in the new license file.

Edited by: radelectronics

Yep, that was it. Sorry for hijacking this thread. My license file now includes:

#283 1 Pro/ENGINEER Advanced Rendering Wildfire 5.0 Ext perm 2A117157
#148 1 Pro/ENGINEER Advanced Rendering Wildfire 5.0 Ext perm 2A117157

Advance Rendering now works on WF4 & WF5.

Thanks

Sponsor

Articles From 3DCAD World

Back