Continue to Site

Welcome to MCAD Central

Join our MCAD Central community forums, the largest resource for MCAD (Mechanical Computer-Aided Design) professionals, including files, forums, jobs, articles, calendar, and more.

View Surface IsoParams?

jeff4136

Think I know what the answer is gonna be, but thought I'd make sure. Is it possible to see an actual (knot lines, density and distribution) representation; with ISDX (don't have it but curious anyway), without?

If by knot lines you mean lines connecting control vertices (what you see when editing Free Form curves in basic Pro/Surface) then ISDX doesn't work that way. What ISDX hasare position/tangent handles for beginning & end points. Otherwise any otherpoints along the curvescan be moved by clicking & dragging. You can see the density & distirbution of the isoparms but its not like nurbs modelers where the isoparms are the underlying wireframe structure. Isoparms (the Pro/E type anyway) only show up when the boundary curves of your surface are composites or made up of multiple segments. Its very possible to have a surface with no (Pro/E - type) isoparms and, in fact, I always try to model surfaces that way for better surface continuity.

mgnt8 said:
... but its not like nurbs modelers where the isoparms are the underlying wireframe structure ...

Thanks, pard. It is the actual, on surface, knot lines I'm trying to get a gander at; some sort of evaluation of the knot and CV density. It's not that much trouble to pitch the surface out and look at it in Rhino (when I'm actually interested), but if there was an easier way ...

Sponsor

Articles From 3DCAD World

Back