Continue to Site

Welcome to MCAD Central

Join our MCAD Central community forums, the largest resource for MCAD (Mechanical Computer-Aided Design) professionals, including files, forums, jobs, articles, calendar, and more.

Vericut Error in WildFire

alfsmith_9

I am getting a Vericut not supported under this platform error, when I try to run it in Wildfire. 2001 works fine, but under Wildfire it fails to start with this error. Does anyone know a fix for this?

Thanks.

Vericut runs in ProE? We use vericut, but dont think they run it in Proe. Do you need ProManucacture to run it in Pro?

Thanks

Bob

Are you sure that option was installed?

Are you using the prerelease version of wildfire?

Wildfire datecode 2002490 works fine with vericut 5.2

Issues encountered when attempting to start Vericut 5.2 in Pro/ENGINEER Wildfire.

When attempting to run Vericut 5.2 from Pro/E Wildfire one of several problems, as follows, may occur.

1.) Vericut 5.1 starts instead of Vericut 5.2

2.) A java error is reported

3.) A command or DOS window quickly flashes

All of the above issues can be resolved by following the steps below.

Alternate Technique

-----------------

Move the path to the Pro/ENGINEER Wildfire installation directory to the beginning of the system PATH environment variable. To do this, follow the steps below.

1.) From the Windows Taskbar, click Start > Settings > Control Panel > System.

2.) In the System Properties window click the Advanced Tab and Environment Variables.

3.) Click the PATH system environment variable and Edit.

4.) Find the path listing to the Pro/E Wildfire installation, and move it to the beginning of the PATH environment variable.

5.) Click OK in the various windows to complete the change.

6.) Restart Pro/ENGINEER and start Vericut as usual.

Note: In some instances where restarting Pro/ENGINEER does not resolve the issue, the Windows workstation may need to be rebooted.

Resolution

-----------------

This issue will be addressed in a future release of Pro/ENGINEER.

hope this helps.

Well thanks all. I was being stupid. Vericut was not installed. Here is how to install it if anyone needs the info.

Resolution

----------

To install Vericut (R) on a Windows NT (Intel) system follow these steps.

1. Install the Java Runtime Environment (JRE) 1.1.8 or greater. The Java Runtime Environment can be downloaded from the following website.

http://java.sun.com/products/jdk/1.1/jre/index.html

Installation Instructions:

http://java.sun.com/products/jdk/1.1/jre/installation-win32-x86.html

2. Next while installing or updating to Release 2000i Build 1999310 or later select from the Pro/ENGINEER - Define Installation Components window the Interfaces component. With the Interfaces Component selected a list of Interfaces will be listed to it's right in the Sub-Components list. Check off from the Sub Component list the Vericut (R) for Pro/ENGINEER option.

3. Continue the installation as needed, once finished Vericut (R) for Pro/ENGINEER will have been installed.

To access Vericut (R) for Pro/ENGINEER simply NC-CHECK any sequence or operation of a Manufacturing Model.

Note: To have access to Vericut (R) a license of Pro/NC is required.

Thanks for the help again. I have made a complet set of instructions in case anyone else is having my long list of instalation problems....

How to Make Vericut work with ProE Wildfire:

1 ? install JRE 1.1

1. Install the Java Runtime Environment (JRE) 1.1.8 (The newest version of 1.1, nothing else works, use SUN?s archives). The Java Runtime Environment can be downloaded from the following website.

Old Link:

http://java.sun.com/products/jdk/1.1/jre/index.html

Archives:

http://java.sun.com/products/archive/index.html

New Link:

http://java.sun.com/products/archive/jdk/1.1.8_010/jre/index.html

Installation Instructions: http://java.sun.com/products/archive/jdk/1.1.8_010/jre/installation-win32-x86.html

2 ? install Vericut using Pro/E CD

While installing or updating to Release 2000i Build 1999310 or later select from the Pro/ENGINEER - Define Installation Components window the Interfaces component. With the Interfaces Component selected a list of Interfaces will be listed to it's right in the Sub-Components list. Check off from the Sub Component list the Vericut (R) for Pro/ENGINEER option.

Continue the installation as needed, once finished Vericut (R) for Pro/ENGINEER will have been installed.

3 ? Fix Environment variable ?PATH?

Issues encountered when attempting to start Vericut 5.2 in Pro/ENGINEER Wildfire.

When attempting to run Vericut 5.2 from Pro/E Wildfire one of several problems, as follows, may occur.

1.) Vericut 5.1 starts instead of Vericut 5.2

2.) A java error is reported

3.) A command or DOS window quickly flashes

All of the above issues can be resolved by following the steps below.

Alternate Technique

-----------------

Move the path to the Pro/ENGINEER Wildfire installation directory to the beginning of the system PATH environment variable. To do this, follow the steps below.

1.) From the Windows Taskbar, click Start > Settings > Control Panel > System.

2.) In the System Properties window click the Advanced Tab and Environment Variables.

3.) Click the PATH system environment variable and Edit.

4.) Find the path listing to the Pro/E Wildfire installation, and move it to the beginning of the PATH environment variable.

5.) Click OK in the various windows to complete the change.

6.) Restart Pro/ENGINEER and start Vericut as usual.

Note: In some instances where restarting Pro/ENGINEER does not resolve the issue, the Windows workstation may need to be rebooted.

Resolution

-----------------

This issue will be addressed in a future release of Pro/ENGINEER.

4 ? Insert User variables

Description

-----------

What System User Environment variables are required to run VERICUT on NT and Windows 95/98 platforms.

Alternate Technique

-------------------

See Resolution below.

Resolution

----------

The following USER variables need to be added on NT and Windows 95/98 platforms by selecting Control Panel, System, Environment:

CGTECH_JRE C:\Program Files\javasoft\java\1.1...... <full path to 1.1 directory where java is installed>

javahome C:\Program Files\javasoft\java\1.1....... <full path to 1.1 directory where java is installed>

5 ? Test The Configuration

VeriCut 5.2 should work now. If you get any error messages that JRE cannot be found make sure you typed in the correct path and that you are using the newest version of JRE 1.1

To access Vericut (R) for Pro/ENGINEER simply NC-CHECK any sequence or operation of a Manufacturing Model.

Alf_smith9,

do you like vericut more over nc check? i know it's a little faster than nc check but inconvenience. if i was intergrated inside proe it'd be kicking !@#ss!

Sponsor

Articles From 3DCAD World

Back