Continue to Site

Welcome to MCAD Central

Join our MCAD Central community forums, the largest resource for MCAD (Mechanical Computer-Aided Design) professionals, including files, forums, jobs, articles, calendar, and more.

var section sweep

aj17x55

Hi,

I am a fairly new user to Wildfire 4.0. I am trying to complete a var. section sweep, but for some reason when I attempt to make my sketch section, the program asks me to select trjections. I already have them selected (center curve created by interection of datum and top right edge of solid). The program does not go into sketch mode to create sketch.

Can anyone tell me what I am missing here? Thank you!

it works just like wf3.0

I bet you have a trajectory that is not completely tangent. For example take a square sketched curve. If you try to create a VSS with that to use a circle for trajectory you would get a tubular picture frame. Problem is the VSS tool will not let you into the sketch because the square does not have rounded (tangent corners). Solution... 'options' 'constant section' and your sweep will work.

If that's not the problem then maybe I need to read you post again. good luck.

Hi
I want to create a variable section sweep
and pro e is giving me an error " sections must have same number of
segments" . I have 2 sketches, when these sketches would joined
together they will make a blade of wind mill. These sketches are made
from few points(approx 100 for one and 90 for other ) then I had use
spline command to make a smooth sketch from these points.
Can any one help me.
Thanks in advance.

Regards

You mean you are attempting a swept blend, right? You only get one sketch with VSS.

Anyway, if what you are describing is correct and you have the same number of splines per sketch, you shouldn't have any trouble. Even if your points you are using are sketched points, it shouldn't matter, they don't have to match.

Good luck!

Hi I am posting the file through this forum, i am using pro-e wild fire 4.0, i just want to complete the design .
I have made one blade using swept blend but other two blades are giving me problem . even i am not able to access patern command which can make my work very easy,
if any one can help me i will be very thankful ...
Regards

2009-05-01_123433_prt0001.prt.rar

Sumant_verma, please just post your question in one thread, or in this case, why not start a new one!!
smiley1.gif

//Tobias

Sumant_verma said:
Hi I am posting the file through this forum, i am using pro-e wild fire 4.0, i just want to complete the design .
I have made one blade using swept blend but other two blades are giving me problem . even i am not able to access patern command which can make my work very easy,
if any one can help me i will be very thankful ...
Regards

2009-05-01_123433_prt0001.prt.rar

Here's a quick and dirty.

2009-05-01_182738_WF4_quick_and_dirty.zip

aj17x55 said:
Hi,

I am a fairly new user to Wildfire 4.0. I am trying to complete a var. section sweep, but for some reason when I attempt to make my sketch section, the program asks me to select trjections. I already have them selected (center curve created by interection of datum and top right edge of solid). The program does not go into sketch mode to create sketch.

Can anyone tell me what I am missing here? Thank you!

the best way to get around this is to make "approximate copies" of each path. An approximate copy creates a spline (thus a continuously tangent) entity that approximates the path you select.

Do this by selecting the first segment of one of the chains. then while holding down SHIFT, click through until you get the loop you want. Then bust out a CTRL+C and CTRL+V, make sure "approximate" is selected in the drop-down menu, and repeat for each of your desired paths.

Chris,

That didn't seem to do the trick; however, I do not see any "approximate" option. I have an origin curve and a chain that runs along the top edge of my part at an angle to my orgin curve. No matter what I do, I cannot get the chain to dispay as "t=0.00". Instead both ends of the chain display only as "0.00". For some reason I cannot get the edge to display as tangent, even when I do constant section. Because of this, I can't enter sketcher. ANy more ideas would be greatly appreciated!

aj17x55 said:
Chris,

That didn't seem to do the trick; however, I do not see any "approximate" option. I have an origin curve and a chain that runs along the top edge of my part at an angle to my orgin curve. No matter what I do, I cannot get the chain to dispay as "t=0.00". Instead both ends of the chain display only as "0.00". For some reason I cannot get the edge to display as tangent, even when I do constant section. Because of this, I can't enter sketcher. ANy more ideas would be greatly appreciated!

Did you create your approximate curve BEFORE you made your VSS ? the "approximate curve" is not an option in vss, its a separate feature. Follow the instructions by Chrisand it might work. (i.o.w, your VSS should use the approx curve as origin)

and yes...please post a pic if you can!

//Tobias
Edited by: tobbo

i cant see your origin? and, can you please draw a quick sketch of what you want to achieve? Seems to me that it should work...

....can youupload the part?
smiley2.gif

//Tobias
Edited by: tobbo

Your part is exactly what I want to do. I want my section to follow the profile of the edge of the part (The taper). Currenty, I can not get the part to do this. I am following a tutorial, and I have followed it to a T, but I cannot output the result that I should be getting. Here is the part.2009-05-07_195820_vwsweep4.prt.rar

aj17x55 said:
Your part is exactly what I want to do. I want my section to follow the profile of the edge of the part (The taper). Currenty, I can not get the part to do this. I am following a tutorial, and I have followed it to a T, but I cannot output the result that I should be getting. Here is the part.2009-05-07_195820_vwsweep4.prt.rar

I can't open a Student Version of Pro/e.

Can you share the tutorial?

jsantangelo said:
VSS can do what you want.

<DIV style="TEXT-ALIGN: center">http://www.screencast.com/t/UmzsCGANbeA

http://www.screencast.com/t/UmzsCGANbeA
</DIV>
Adjusting the constraints and how the sketch is dimensioned will give you different results.

<DIV style="TEXT-ALIGN: center">http://www.screencast.com/t/xq8IJKobWO

http://www.screencast.com/t/xq8IJKobWO
</DIV>

How could you do that? I dunt know how to constraint sketch section.

Short tutorial would be much appreciated.

Thank you.

Sponsor

Articles From 3DCAD World

Back