Continue to Site

Welcome to MCAD Central

Join our MCAD Central community forums, the largest resource for MCAD (Mechanical Computer-Aided Design) professionals, including files, forums, jobs, articles, calendar, and more.

Using Pro/Manufacture with benchtop CNC

mikito

I am new to machining with Pro/E (I have only used Foundation for design) and am planning on getting a benchtop CNC setup from either MicroKinetics or Sherline.

Does anyone have any experience using PTC's software with either of these machine tools? In particular, experience with G-code post processors, translations, etc.

TIA,
Mike

Mike,

Promanufacturing can successfully be used for the desktop milling machines. What model desktop did you purchase? It would be best to view some g-code examples for this machine before determining how much work will be involved with creating a post processor.

Dave

Dave,

Thanks much for helping out. I actually haven't bought it yet -- just getting more information.

For Sherline it will probably be either: (a) 8540 (8541) CNC mill; or (b) 8600 (8601) mill / lathe package.

For MicroKinetics: either (a) 999-6300-103 desktop mill; and/or (b) 999-6300-002 desktop lathe.

I am focusing on these because of space constraints in my garage, plus my area of interest is small parts.

Thanks,

Mike

Sponsor

Articles From 3DCAD World

Back