Continue to Site

Welcome to MCAD Central

Join our MCAD Central community forums, the largest resource for MCAD (Mechanical Computer-Aided Design) professionals, including files, forums, jobs, articles, calendar, and more.

using logo’s

proto-typer

Iwant lay my logo on parts and componets and some times extrude or cut the logointo sheetmetal, is there a way to import a sketch in to other sketches and scale it or give it dimensions???

Select the sketch in the tree manager. Press CTRL + C to copy this sketch. Go to in the new sketch and press CTRL + V to paste what you copy. Note that is a copy. No link between old sketch and the new one.

Hope that help you.

Good luck !

and then add dimmensions?

you see i am trying to use a AI file, thats what my logog is.

do you think that will still work?

proto-typer said:
and then add dimmensions?you see i am trying to use a AI file, thats what my logog is. do you think that will still work?

If you are using an AI file, save as .dwg and import it into the drawing. Raster images cannot be dimensioned and will always show on top of everything else in the drawing.

smiley1.gif
An AI file is ADOBE ILLUSTRATOR file, i belive it is mainly a graphics program.

when i open the file it is my logo but it has alot of other lines and wierd stuff, after deleting a mojorty of the useless lines the logo is there as a spline.

i will try the method explained, thanks alot for responding
smiley1.gif

Sponsor

Articles From 3DCAD World

Back