Continue to Site

Welcome to MCAD Central

Join our MCAD Central community forums, the largest resource for MCAD (Mechanical Computer-Aided Design) professionals, including files, forums, jobs, articles, calendar, and more.

Updating List of Printers on ADD Printer

jsimbajon

Hello everyone!

How do we update the list of printers in the Add Printer Type selection?

I'm trying to setup our HP Designjet 500 but that plotter is not on the list of printer type. We are using Pro-E 2000i2.

Thanks. Jerome S.

I face the same problem, my copy of ProE 2000i is installed in a SGI Octane. It just showing message that the HP DesignJet 500 do not support postscripte. How can I configure it to print to my HP DesignJet 500?

I also use the HP DJ 500. To set it up in Pro/E, I just use the DESIGNJET600 option. So far I have had no problems using the 600. It seems to be the same.

Hope this helps,

Greg

Support Our Troops!

Greg,

Thanks for the suggestion, i will try it. Anywhere, any patch or upgrade version i can purchase which support the DesignJet 500?

gggggggggg said:
I also use the HP DJ 500. To set it up in Pro/E, I just use the DESIGNJET600 option. So far I have had no problems using the 600. It seems to be the same.

Hope this helps,
Greg

Support Our Troops!

Dear "gggggggg..." an others,

in aur company we purchase HP Designjet 500 ploter and we can't plot directly from ProEngineer v2001. We can plot via windows driver, but thatway we are spending a lot of paper.

I tried to plot from ProE useing Designjet and Designjet 600 drivers but don't work.

Any suggestion, thx tomysux.

We are on UNIX using the DesignJet 600 option with a simple printer.pcf:

plotter designjet600
button_name Plot1(DesignJet600)
plotter_command lp -d plot1
button_help Create Full size plots on HP DJ600

We have never had an issue.

Sponsor

Articles From 3DCAD World

Back