Continue to Site

Welcome to MCAD Central

Join our MCAD Central community forums, the largest resource for MCAD (Mechanical Computer-Aided Design) professionals, including files, forums, jobs, articles, calendar, and more.

unpattern command.... where did it go.

design-engine

Maybe I need more coffee this morning but I can't locate in WF4.0 the unpattern function. Pre wildfire it was in the 'local group' headings.Then later under 'setup group'.

For WF5.0 you can pattern a pattern so it may be unnecessary.

In the end I want to pattern a flange around a post... then unpattern the flange to regroup then pattern the boss with the flanges.

I used to right clik the patternand pick unpattern. This works if I have pattern a pattern (you can do thatin WF4). I dont recall how this has worked before, but I see that when right clicking a pattern, you have the option to delete and delete pattern.

not delete... not delete pattern... but 'unpattern' Where each pattern is automatically re-dimensioned to the original datums. Its gone in 4.0

Yeah, unpattern was real useful. It removes the pattern but leaves the features behind. -Is it still available in WF2 / WF3? If so, where? I thought it was gone.

I did not know that you could unpattern and make everything original. usually what I do is copy surfs (surf & bount) after the pattern and then pattern the surfs then solidify. Not very good technique but it works.

Krow72

Yeah, unpattern was real useful. It removes the pattern but leaves the features behind. -Is it still available in WF2 / WF3? If so, where? I thought it was gone.

In WF3 and 4 to unpattern a pattern and have the individual features left the feature needs to be in a group before it is patterned. Unpattern will show up in the Right click menu if you pattern a group or a pattern. I haven't tried in WF2 but would guess it might be the same. So create a feature, group it, pattern it, then right click>Unpattern to get individual groups. You can thenungroup the groups tohave the individual features left.
Edited by: kdem

Hi Guys
as I remember, you can only unpattern a pattern of feature pattern. and the feature pattern must be dimension or table type. In this condition it will be at your right click menu in WF4. Please try.

just make sure that you group the feature or component prior to patterning. It is as simple as that.

Sponsor

Articles From 3DCAD World

Back