Continue to Site

Welcome to MCAD Central

Join our MCAD Central community forums, the largest resource for MCAD (Mechanical Computer-Aided Design) professionals, including files, forums, jobs, articles, calendar, and more.

unix installation

I've never had to copy CD's to the harddisk. Are you having a problem ejecting the CD? Which UNIX are you using?

In solaris, start the /cdrom/cdrom0/ptcsetup to kick off the setup. When it asks you to change CD's, go to that original shell window and type: eject cdrom

Make sure you change directory back to root first (cd /). If you don't do this, it will not let you eject. It will say the device is busy, or something like that.

This should eject the cdrom so you can insert the next one.

I know there is a article in PTC's knowledge base on this too.

If this doesn't help, let me know and I'll find that article or help more with it.

thank you toddhammer.

i am using solaris (sun blade 100).

i will try it.

how to change the default working directory in solaris?

by default it selects bin dir.

now every time i changed to my working dir after proe starts.

you need to set the set_model_dir in your config.pro file to change your start up directory.

oops, that last config.pro option is wrong.

I would plan on having to change your working directory every time. I'm not sure there is a way around this.

To help you with this, select your directory you would use most of the time and save it was a favorite in the FILE > OPEN window.

Sponsor

Articles From 3DCAD World

Back