Continue to Site

Welcome to MCAD Central

Join our MCAD Central community forums, the largest resource for MCAD (Mechanical Computer-Aided Design) professionals, including files, forums, jobs, articles, calendar, and more.

Unbending a cone?

MichailS

Hello

I wish to model a cone in sheet metal, and unbend it. I find no way to do so since unbending seems to suggest I have to have at least one flat region?

Any pointers as to how I should go by and do this?

Wildfire 3

Thanks a lot in advance!

/M

Create a rip, that will give youa flat region to unfold against.

Is it a straight cone? Unbend doesnt like areas where you need to stretch or shrink the metal to shape it

regards
/Anders

Hi

It never dawned on me that I could use surfaces that were perpendicular to the unbent surface. This worked, thanks!

< http-equiv="Content-" content="text/; charset=utf-8">< name="ProgId" content="Word.">< name="Generator" content="Microsoft Word 12">< name="Originator" content="Microsoft Word 12">

I have an addition to this problem. I have a partial cone (see pic) which I've projected curves onto its surface. I would like to then unbend the cone with the projected curves displayed on the new flat surface. Is this possible? I've tried unsuccessfully.

The cone was created by using a boundary blend. Then, I added a thickness and used sheetmetal to unbend it. I'm using WF 3.0.

Sponsor

Articles From 3DCAD World

Back