Continue to Site

Welcome to MCAD Central

Join our MCAD Central community forums, the largest resource for MCAD (Mechanical Computer-Aided Design) professionals, including files, forums, jobs, articles, calendar, and more.

Two Computers?

Wayne

I'm thinking of buying a laptop, and I'd like to use my educational license of Pro/E 2000i on this, and on my PC at home (I work away in the week). Will I be able to transfer files created on my laptop to my PC and be able to work on them (and vice-versa)?

Files created in educational version can't be opened in commercial version. The only way to do is : contact CAD ADminstrator of a University who uses pro/Engineer. They can convert educational to commercial via special license they have.

Another way is save as .neu file but then you can only work further on that.

Israr

If you are using WF2. Then ther is a borrow license option, if the cad-administartor have use the borrow licenses.

Or move a license from the license-server to your laptop. Install
flexLm to the laptop and use it ad license server. It is possible to
have multiple license servers. If you have one license on your laptop
then you can use it at work (even from another cad-station) and at home.

Thank you for your replies, but I don't think Iexplained myself very well. I only have an educational version(ProE Student 2000i) for 'playing' with, and it is installed on my desktop PC at home. But now I work away sometimes in the week. So, if I installed my ProE Student on my laptop (if I get one), would I be able to open, use and modify the files I'd created on one computer on the other one? I'm not trying to get the files into a commercial licence (I don't have access to one).... I just want to be able to carry on with my 'hobby-modelling' in the evenings when I'm away from home.

Yes I don't think it will be any problem, but I have newer try. I think
it is possible to install this version on to computers since (as I
remember) the license is control by having the cd in the drive. The
wildfire student version is control by license files that is lock to
the mac adress from networkcard, and you will then have to use a USB
network card to lock the license to.

Hi Wayne.

Yes
smiley1.gif

Sponsor

Articles From 3DCAD World

Back