Continue to Site

Welcome to MCAD Central

Join our MCAD Central community forums, the largest resource for MCAD (Mechanical Computer-Aided Design) professionals, including files, forums, jobs, articles, calendar, and more.

twisted wire model

Not sure if wildfire is the same but this is the method i used in creating one in version 2001

Create a surface var sec sweep... use norm to origin traj

I sketched both my trajectories...

Trajectory 1: Main trajectory

Is where your draw your section from. (the origin)

So draw it away from the actual central point of rotation you want. This will all need to be worked out!

And through relations will be rotated.

View attachment 274

And your second trajectory. See image below (trajectory near botton of piccy)

View attachment 275

In sketcher draw a line from the origin at 45 degrees and dimension the length of it

View attachment 276

got to in the main tool bar at the top....sketcher- relations

add relations

sd#=10*360*trajpar

sd#=angle dimension

10= no of rotations

RESULTS:

View attachment 277

Repeat for the other side:

View attachment 278

The first traj is on the datum planes

the second traj is just above, see image below

View attachment 279

Then just add a swept blend on both surface edges...

View attachment 280

Hope this helps???

Just think about the position of your trajectories, you can always draw them and modify them later?

Also if your wires collide this will be because of where you located your 45 degrees in the section... so change it about, above/ below the datums, just remember to dimension it! eg

View attachment 281

Skiddy,

Thanks for the detailed explaination. There is a model on Pro/E Central you can download of a twisted pair for an example. Perhaps yours?

Couldn't the rotated sweep that defines the edges used to sweep the actual wire diameter be done with a single sketch line that extends an equal amount from each side of the origin tragectory?

-Bernie-

Couldn't the rotated sweep that defines the edges used to sweep the actual wire diameter be done with a single sketch line that extends an equal amount from each side of the origin tragectory?

Ive never experimented with this as a var sec sweep to me is generally 2 trajectories! But it would be a brilliant idea... and one i may look into!

Sponsor

Articles From 3DCAD World

Back