Continue to Site

Welcome to MCAD Central

Join our MCAD Central community forums, the largest resource for MCAD (Mechanical Computer-Aided Design) professionals, including files, forums, jobs, articles, calendar, and more.

TWIST help!?

t0d0

Hi there:)
I really need your help.. I'm newbie in PRO/E and I must makae a drill (the cutting tool) with parametric tables. I have already did that on SolidWorks but I can't on Pro/E? The problem is this.. On SolidWorks I sketch the Section and the path (straight line) of the drill and use Sweep feature and use the parameter "twist along path" so the section will make certain number of rounds around the path for certain lenght..
I cant do that on PROE.. ? Please help me because I tried a lot of things but nothing..

Thanks in advance

HII..
similar feature in pro-e is helical sweep...with two options for potrusion...constant and variable...
which version of pro-E you are using?...

smiley1.gif
smiley1.gif

just simple one i have created..for flutes use helical sweep cut..
View attachment 5323

yeah.. with helical sweep cut.. i need to sketch the flutes and that sketch must be normal to the path..

but is it possible to use something similar to "twist along path" like SW. because there i just select axis and the section is twisted along it as many times i want :)

I;m using WF 5.0

I dont know how it is in solidedge..but its simple in pro-e also:
sketch swp profile:this specify the profile in which section twist happens

section: : section of sweep.

pitch: : that controls no. of turns
Try it ..its simple..in case any difficuly u can always ask..
smiley1.gif

Edited by: s_pme20

Sponsor

Articles From 3DCAD World

Back