Continue to Site

Welcome to MCAD Central

Join our MCAD Central community forums, the largest resource for MCAD (Mechanical Computer-Aided Design) professionals, including files, forums, jobs, articles, calendar, and more.

Trouble creating hole charts.

gregl

I am trying to create a hole chart for the first time. When I go through the process, I always get a CSYS not it correct orientation error. I have put a CSYS in a variety of orienations but none seem to work.

What am I doing wrong (or not doing)????

I'VE JUST STARTED TO USE THIS FEATURE FOR THE FIRST TIME AND IT DOES SORT OF WORK.

SO LONG AS THE "X" AND "Y" ARE CORRECT THERE SHOULDN'T BE A PROBLEM. ALSO MAKE SURE WHEN YOU SET UP MAKE THE MAX ROWS GREATER THAN THE NUMBER OF HOLES, THAT CAUGHT ME OUT FIRST TIME.

IWANT TO KNOW HOW YOU CAN INCORPERATE TAPPED HOLES INTO A CHART.

ANT IDEAS?

stuartf

just in case you don't have maintenance.

I too have recently started using hole tables, and found a few issues (and fixes?)

1. if you are trying to show through-holes, then the view that you're using has to be looking at the primary reference surface, ie not the break-through surface, or you'll get a 'no items found' error.

2. the co-ordinate system needs to be orientated such that the x, y axis lie in the same orientation as the x, y in the drawing view.

3. As for tapped holes, they don't show up in a hole table, but you can add a hole of a suitable size (essentailly drilling into fresh air)or a datum point, wherever you have a tapped hole, these will then appear in the hole table.A column can be added to show the tapping details, there's probably a way of getting it to show the tapped hole 'note' but I'm not sure how.

cheers

Bugstar

Sponsor

Articles From 3DCAD World

Back