Continue to Site

Welcome to MCAD Central

Join our MCAD Central community forums, the largest resource for MCAD (Mechanical Computer-Aided Design) professionals, including files, forums, jobs, articles, calendar, and more.

Translation of JPEG in WF2

kho131163

Hi, Dos any one know how to make JPEG from WF2 without the background -Do I need to change anything in my Config Pro or ?

So fare its only possible to make theese files with the background blended colors.

Please help me
smiley17.gif

just change the background to whatever you like.

go to view / display settings / system colors and go to scheme menu and there you can choose black on white (will make the background white) or in the same window deselect blended background, and give the background a color you like.

JPEG does not "know" the concept of transparent. Not sure about PNG but GIF has this capacity built in. Suggest you save as BMP (best format anyway to start with) and then convert this externally to GIF where you can indicate what color should be transparent. Irfanview probably does it (for free).

Watch out that you use a color that is not present in your model. If you have a white background and shiny reflecting surfaces in your model you will end up with a model "with holes". You can also not use a blended background since only one color can be transparent. It will take a mask in photo-editing to cut out the model out of a blended background, adding to the work you have to do.

Alex

As said higher there is NO transparent setting in the JPEG definition, so you can't create a transparent image as .JPG. Outputting to GIF would allow to define the background as transparent.

What Powerpoint does is the only alternative and that is masking, something you find in all reasonable image-editing programs

Alex

Sponsor

Articles From 3DCAD World

Back