Continue to Site

Welcome to MCAD Central

Join our MCAD Central community forums, the largest resource for MCAD (Mechanical Computer-Aided Design) professionals, including files, forums, jobs, articles, calendar, and more.

Transformation between two Matrix

ssnivas

Hi,

By using J-Link i have retrieved the individual 4X4 Matrix data of two Coordinate systems. Now i have to calculate Transformation between these two coordinates. The result should bea matrix.

Please help me how to do the same.

thanks,

Srinivas

Protoolkit has existing utility function for matrix inversion-
ProUtilMatrixInvert().
look smthng similar in Jlink.
Edited by: forstudy3

First you have to understand the "directionality" of matrix acquisition and multiplication. When you acquire a transformation matrix of a csys the matrix will transform a point created in the csys to the solid csys. The solid csys is the standard csys that all solids have when first created. Therefore the "directionality" of that matrix is csys->solid csys. When you invert that matrix, as stated by forstudy3, the "directionality" of the resulting matrix issolid csys->csys. Therefore if you want to transform a point created in csys1 to csys2 follow these steps.

1. Get matrix1 from csys1.

2. Get matrix2 from csys2.

3. Invert matrix2 to get matrix2Inverted.

4. Multiply matrix1 by matrix2Inverted to get matrix3.

Matrix3 can now be used to tranform a point created in csys1 to csys2. I hope this helps.

P.S. When you get into assemblies the matrix multiplication becomes even more complicated but it can be done.
Edited by: williaps

Sponsor

Articles From 3DCAD World

Back