Continue to Site

Welcome to MCAD Central

Join our MCAD Central community forums, the largest resource for MCAD (Mechanical Computer-Aided Design) professionals, including files, forums, jobs, articles, calendar, and more.

torsion spring mechanism

Gwen

Hi all,

I'm trying to assemble a torsion spring into my assembly. I would like one end of the spring to be fixed while the other endto be pushed by another part to compress the spring. How can i simulate this mechanism in WF? I'm using a pin connection to assemble the spring and to change the angle of the spring, i'm varying the height slightly. Is this the right way to do it?

Thanks!

You can't do what you want. Rather you can use the virtual spring of MDO module.

What you want can be done in Mechanica Motion but ptc is no more supporting it and is shifting things to MDO.

Israr

I have been asking the helpless desk at PTC this question for over a month without success. I do not believe there is a solution.

Thank you Israr and narducci for your replies!

Israr, how do you define a virtual torsion spring in MDO? By point? or axis? Or did you mean just create a simple spring by 2 points?

Gwen

Gwen,

You have both options; I mean point to point and axis. Only point to pointspring is visible in MDO. You can set its diameter as well. But you can't see the axis spring. Its visible in Mechanism mode and as soon as you switch application to standard mode it will disappear.

Israr

Sponsor

Articles From 3DCAD World

Back