Continue to Site

Welcome to MCAD Central

Join our MCAD Central community forums, the largest resource for MCAD (Mechanical Computer-Aided Design) professionals, including files, forums, jobs, articles, calendar, and more.

Toroidal (driving me round the) bends ?

[-Skint-]

Hi Guys,

I have just spent 30 - 40 mins or so re-reading through old posts in the Render gallery etc, and also CP`s belaire thread etc. I decided that the next thing I should learn is the Toroidal Bend feature... Oh My God I wish I had not bothered
smiley36.gif
. Is it just me being the pro-e noob or does this feature Fail a lot ? !!!

This has to be one of the most complicated features ive tried so far... so my question to you all is... HELP ME? Anyone got any tutorials or basic info on how to get them to work.

I thought I would try to model a tyre.. a nice bug fat chunky tyre similar to those found on a Monster Truck etc... I failed every time
smiley19.gif
. Anyone help me. I downloaded a model in the files section, but its not very detailed and thought that some of you ( CP ) would deffinatly have some tips ?

Cheers

-Skint-

yeah this feature fails lots for me also. Best thing to do is

1- make a nice flat bar
2- torodial bend it.
3-suppress / move up the model tree past the step2.
4- now add all your detailed features.
5-unsuppress ur bend.

as for doing the actualyl bend it self. i can screen shot afew steps if you like.

puppet, yes please do. Any help to get me around this thing is appreciated, its a nightmare isnt it. I managed to get one bend work etc, but I find that going back into a feature and trying to change the style of Tread for example, is damn near IMPOSSIBLE ?

Cheers bud !

Sponsor

Articles From 3DCAD World

Back