Continue to Site

Welcome to MCAD Central

Join our MCAD Central community forums, the largest resource for MCAD (Mechanical Computer-Aided Design) professionals, including files, forums, jobs, articles, calendar, and more.

Tools>Model Sectioning

xcad

i am searching for the command Tools>model sectioning in part and assembly in proe wf2

has ptc cancelled this option or not?

karavasilis

many thanks Mr israr

well.... what can i say...

too many changes between the menus between the two versions of wildfire 1&2.

why is that

I thought that PTC should look over about new functions in proe that makes the software more efficient (for example.. why i have every time, if i want to create a datum point at the center of a curve to enter the value 0.5, and not have a ready funtion to do this, and so on) and not to change the menus in every major version

Also i have found the way of creating views more complicated than wildfire 1. When i have created a general drawing view and press right click i do not have the option to make a projection view quickly but i have to select this from the toolbar.

karavasilis

When i have created a general drawing view and press right click i do not have the option to make a projection view quickly but i have to select this from the toolbar.

I agree to this and its a problem ptc must look into to solve. But the overall improvement and enhancements in detailing is praise-worthy in WF2.

Israr

If you select any view and right click there is the option to insert a projection view. Seems pretty quick & easy to me. Now I would like the option to insert detailed & auxilary views as well.

The user interface is definately a work in progress, supposedly it won't even be complete at WF3!

Sponsor

Articles From 3DCAD World

Back