Continue to Site

Welcome to MCAD Central

Join our MCAD Central community forums, the largest resource for MCAD (Mechanical Computer-Aided Design) professionals, including files, forums, jobs, articles, calendar, and more.

Toolpath Generation

G

Hello Everybody,

I am new member of this forum working on Pro_E2001, Can anybody tell me how to create toolpath around workpiece as per our requirement.

I want to create 3-4 toolpaths in such away that it should be parallel to workpiece profile & remove material of constant thickness in each toolpath.

Also tell me whether toolpath can be created by using equations.

Thanks,

Please Reply,

Amit

Just having Pro-E isn't enough to create toolpaths and post out code for cnc's.

You need the NC part..such as Pro/Manufacturing or Expert Machinist

If yo have those.. then create a manuf. assy. drop the part you want to machine in the assy.

create a operation... makes sure the cys is going in the proper direction..wp is optional.. create the seq. .. the checked boxes that are checked will have to have in proper input... tool... cut parms.. paths.. then post to a mchine.

Not say what your requirements are .. that's the general method

constant thickness.. on profiling or surfacing??..stepdown? stepover?

equations in what regards? Good starting one is;

if $$ < timethen

sub out job

endif

smiley4.gif

Seriously you can cut about anything , if you have a good model and the modules, there is the knowing what method is what seq. type...profile , pocketing, etc

Hello WSylvester,

Thanks for reply & infoabout site.I am working in PRO_Manufacturing I was able to do using Volume mill & setting other parameters. I want to knowhow we can create tool path as per our requirement & whether it is possible using equation(using curve by equation option).

Thanks

Amit

Amit,

It would be possible to create a sketch curve via equation, and then to create a trajectory sequence and either do it by "Edge" or "Sketch"- you could then do a Use Edge when in Sketcher. I'm not certain of what your intention is though, so perhaps this is not the answer which you are seeking.

Regards

Amit,

One of the nicest thing about this forum is the ability to post a picture. The old proverb " A picture is worth a 1000 words".. really is true

Sponsor

Articles From 3DCAD World

Back