Continue to Site

Welcome to MCAD Central

Join our MCAD Central community forums, the largest resource for MCAD (Mechanical Computer-Aided Design) professionals, including files, forums, jobs, articles, calendar, and more.

Time Parameter

monday.scott

Good Afternoon Pro/E Users,

I have a problem with creating a time stamp. There are several posts within Mcadcentral dealing with timestamps. The only problem is the fact that the automated time stamp within the print utility "bumps" the drawing to the right to insert the time stamp. When it does this the right edge of the drawing gets clipped.

What I'm looking to do is create a mapkey that will delete the "old" timestamp and create a new one in its place. I remember my days using AutoCAD and the user could specify a "window" using X and Y coordinates. Can this be done in Pro/E?

I would like to place this "stamp" within the confines of the drawing format.

I know about the parameter &todays_date but what isthe parameter for the current time? I'm sure there is one as if you go to INFO>SESSION INFO>DATE AND TIME it displays it in the Pro/E Window.

I tried to use Intralinks parameter of &proi_created_on but that only shows the date and time of the last check-out or in, not ideal in our case.

This is what I'm looking for:

2010-12-16_160227_test.jpg

On a side note does anyone know where to find a complete listing for pro/e model parameters that are generated by Pro/Engineer?

Thanks in Advance

You can find a list of parameters in the help manual under drawing.
For system date to appear, I prefer the print setting. The trick to get all of the drawing along with the current date and time printed is to first set a Zoom All and then print with a print scale of 0.95.

Sponsor

Articles From 3DCAD World

Back