Continue to Site

Welcome to MCAD Central

Join our MCAD Central community forums, the largest resource for MCAD (Mechanical Computer-Aided Design) professionals, including files, forums, jobs, articles, calendar, and more.

Thicken ????

donha

I have never used the Thicken command while sketching in Sheetmetal until today. I know what my material thickness is, so I Thicken by that amount. I see no dimension show for the Thicken feature??? What happens if someone changes the material thickness in the future? The user would not know the sketch with the Thickness feature was created at the original part thickness. Seems to me as though Parametric went out the door with this command?

The Thicken comes in handy when you are extruding a shape that has many bends.

AS for I see no dimension show for the Thicken feature??? it puts like a note, .125THICK. You modify the .125THICK to whatever thickness you need. I hope this helps

It shows up in the drawing and is parametric. I use it all the time on an extruded wall. You can flip the direction as well.

jperkins

Try adding a dimension for the thickness in your sketch. Like especial said, The Thicken comes in handy when you are extruding a shape that has many bends. You can also add dimensions to this thickened line and make them colinear with other objects in your sketch.

Steve C

I figured out what happened. The feature I was working with was the first wall in my part. When you use the Thicken command on the first wall, your part thickness defaults to what you thicken to. Pro/E will not ask you for the part thickenss, it will be determined by the Thicken command.

Sponsor

Articles From 3DCAD World

Back