Continue to Site

Welcome to MCAD Central

Join our MCAD Central community forums, the largest resource for MCAD (Mechanical Computer-Aided Design) professionals, including files, forums, jobs, articles, calendar, and more.

The "work around"

magneplanar

Fellow Pro-e users,

This is a simple question with a possibly complicated answer. If you run into a difficulty in modeling a part do you:

A) Try to find a way to copy a method from another software to solve the problem in Pro-e?

B) Search the Pro-e help files and other resources for the most preferred solution method?

C) Post a question on various sites to hopefully get a quick answer?

D) Other methods?

Just curious what the sequence is. For myself I go hunting for a solution unless time dictates the "hack method"

cheers,

M&nbsp ;&nbsp ;&nbsp ;&nbsp ;

B) Search the Pro-e help files and other resources for the most preferred solution method?

C) Post a question on various sites to hopefully get a quick answer? mcadcentral
smiley2.gif

D) Ask work colleagues

then

C) post a question on this site

then

D) phone PTC helpdask, though if the previous 2 haven't worked the 3rd one isn't very likely to either which is why I question our yearly maintenance fee!!

I would say B, C and D. Not necessarily in any order. I also use the trial and error method and have discovered several interesting workarounds for problems PTC didn't even know existed, mainly in the pro piping-RSD arena.

I generally try to avoid the help desk as they have not been very helpful. Thier answer to every issue is: "graphics problem".
smiley5.gif

Okay B doesn't exist and B.5 (PTC tech support) is never (ever, ever, ever)any help. I usually post a question here, most times I get an answer, every now and then I don't.

I know this shouldn't turn into a rant about PTC support or lack of it, but I've had times when I've phoned them and asked for advice, they're not sure and say they'll get back to you, and they do......a week later and even then they can't give you an answer or say it can't be done....Meanwhile, I post the same question on this forum and I get a solution within a day.

Okay, I have a captive audience maybe I can get an answer. When I update a model and switch to the drawing, I get an information window telling me what was updated; how do i turn this off?

Sorry!
smiley17.gif

in 1999 I did all the Alias Studio tutorials in Pro/E using the same technique as suggested in Alias. Now we teach technique over menu clicks .....

Changed my life.

Sponsor

Articles From 3DCAD World

Back