Continue to Site

Welcome to MCAD Central

Join our MCAD Central community forums, the largest resource for MCAD (Mechanical Computer-Aided Design) professionals, including files, forums, jobs, articles, calendar, and more.

The Real Results of OutSourcing

UnclePinchPenny

Yeah, free trade may be good for the economy but it doesnt help us. When they outsource our jobs besides the chance of losing a job it also means less pay for those of us working.

When they lay off people it increases the supply of Pro/E users available. So it becomes a buyer's market for the employers. They can get away with less pay and benefits. Instead of treating you well in order to keep you they can screw you knowin that you wont leave and is happy just to have a job.

As far as the low costs of goods from free trade, I dont see it. The chinese junk at WalMart is looks way over priced to me. The people who really benefits from trade are the people importing all the shit into america.

Anyways its everyman for himself.

In mid 2001 I got caught in the economic turmoil and had to take a job at 60 cents on the dollar, a couple of months ago I got the kissoff again as the job went overseas, no warning at all. I am annoyed at the inconvience but there is not much I can do about it at the moment. It will turn around, it always does, and its due. This all started 10 years back, around the time of NAFTA and the opening of relations with China. What you are seeing now is the results of that giveaway. I just hope you can all use some common sense in this situation instead of doing a knee jerk reaction to it.

jperkins

The point I am trying to make is, that even if you dont lose your job, other jobs going overseas still hurt you. It creates a pool a skilled hungry people who are willin to do your job for less pay. So instead of getting the nice raise youre just happy to have a job.

I think thats why they do it. Companies know that savings from using lower paying foriegn workers go out the window after things get lost in translation and poor quality control. This doesnt bother them because they know that by foreign outsourcing they artificially lower the pay for domestic workers.

This is how they get their leverage to fuck with us. If you dont like it they say fuck you and send your job overseas. BTW Clinton can be thankd for this bs. He was heavily funded by the Chinese during his election campaigns. You better believe he returned the favor. He should be hanged for treason, far as Im concerned. This goes for most the politicians in Washington who have been selling out our national interests.

UnclePinchPenny for President!!

I love you man!! Screw all these foreign devils that steal our jobs.

I can't wait for someone from China or India to read this and start rambling on and on...

And remember, in the upcoming election, vote the ABB ticket, Anybody But Bush. He sucks too.

What I was attempting to point out is don't get mad, thats the way they control you. I didn't say don't get even, just do it smart. Too bad the ragheads didn't choose congress rather than the WTC, they would have done us all a favor. I don't know about ABB, the french monkey doesn't look all that good either. Think he might pick Jane Fonda as a Sec Def.

French Monkey? I assume you mean Kerry? Never heard him referred to as a french monkey. What is that in reference to?

Ok all you whiners. Listen up. THEY ARE NOT YOUR JOBS. The jobs belong to the employers, not you. You have job skills and, a willingness to work. Your task in a free economy is to get out there and find some employer with a job who needs your skills ... and strike a deal.

If you do not have the particular set of job skills that an employer needs, or if you have priced your labor out of the marketplace, guess what? It's not the employer's fault. The fault lies with you. Either develop a new set of job skills that are actually in demand, or adjust your pricing. The employer knows what he's looking for. If you're not it .. it's your problem, not his.

Dave,

Who's whinning? I have maintained a similar attitude for a lot of years doing contract work and changed as the situation warrented. Unfortunately not everyone has the capacity to do that. I get bullshit at the liberal minded idiots in washington. Back when I went to college minorities had the priority on everything, I lost out being an american born caucation male and not only that, those of us who were drafted were harrassed later because we were sent to southeast asia, not our choice either. Then comes the kiss the foreigners ass syndrome and now its the give everything away crap.

For many americans, employment is a long term committment which requires a certain amount of give and take on the part of both parties. A hundred years ago 'firing' was just that, you were burned out of your house and driven away, if you were hurt on the job well, too bad, you no longer can perform the work so get lost. Very similar to your attitude. So, as we all go back to milking cows and cutting hay, who is going to but the new computer, imported from China by davidmauro computer company when he dumped us on our ass whith his selfcentered attitude. Everyone looses if the transition isn't handled properly. While I personally don't have a big problem with it, I do understand the issue with the people who do.

10g, yes you are correct, based upon a not so flattering web page. There are 2 sides to that boy, enough said.

jperkins

Sponsor

Articles From 3DCAD World

Back