Continue to Site

Welcome to MCAD Central

Join our MCAD Central community forums, the largest resource for MCAD (Mechanical Computer-Aided Design) professionals, including files, forums, jobs, articles, calendar, and more.

The Pre-view Window

twincam88

What setting am I missing here ? none of the parts or drawings I design show up in the file preview window before I open them. all other data from customers does show up

I have only seen parts (.prt) files show up in the preview pane.
Never drawings or others. I usually have the preview turned off
to save time. Unless, I don't know what it is I'm looking for
smiley5.gif

You are talking about the preview pane when you do File:Open:......right?

yes, and sorry its for WF2. I can preview asm,drw, and prt that come in from someone else but non of my own. I am asuming there must be a .bmp save option somewhere but Im not sure

In 2001 this is the option : "save_drawing_picture_file", which defaults to "no", with options to "embed", "export", or "both".

Although this setting is "on" on my computer I frequently find files that fail previewing. I suppose the file - or items in it - being out-of-date can prevent previewing.

Alex

I think all these config options will have some effect on what is available to preview (WF2)

SAVE_BITMAP
SAVE_BITMAP_TYPE
SAVE_DISPLAY
SAVE_DRAWING_PICTURE_FILE
SAVE_FULL_TOP_LEVEL_DISPLAY (hidden)
SAVE_MODEL_DISPLAY
SAVE_TRIANGLES_FLAG
SKETCHER_SAVE_PREVIEW_IMAGE

As AHA-D says, you have to change/add the config option "save_drawing_picture_file". I have mine set to "both". Even then, you will not get a preview untill you open the file, whether asm, prt, drw, etc., and save it while the config option is set.

Sponsor

Articles From 3DCAD World

Back