Continue to Site

Welcome to MCAD Central

Join our MCAD Central community forums, the largest resource for MCAD (Mechanical Computer-Aided Design) professionals, including files, forums, jobs, articles, calendar, and more.

The best referencing for cabling is...?

I started doing Pro/Cabling before the shrinkwrap funtionality existed. I still use the old-school technique of skeleton models. I assemble the skeletom models into the assembly thatI want to use references from, then copy references as needed into the skeletomn model. (feature/data sharing/copy geom)

Hi Mugen<?:namespace prefix = o ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:eek:ffice:eek:ffice" />

Thanks for your reply.

AsI said, and as I'm sure you'll agree, there is always a compromise.

I have a lot of references, and your workaround like mine means the assembly needs to be in session to update the skeleton - so there's also a dependency through the assembly. I guess I just don

I suggest making a small "T" part that consists of datum curves and axis that can be assemble in your cabling assembly and referenced only your connector parts and/or FIXed to their 3D location as a junction to route a networkthru. I will be presenting this technique at the Orlando Conference in June 2005.

for my previous presentation see the Routed systems tech committee page on ptcuser.org

Sponsor

Articles From 3DCAD World

Back