Continue to Site

Welcome to MCAD Central

Join our MCAD Central community forums, the largest resource for MCAD (Mechanical Computer-Aided Design) professionals, including files, forums, jobs, articles, calendar, and more.

Textured model's surface?

thavu

I'm looking for way(s) of texturing outer surface of the model for cosmetic purpose. I'd like to replace the smooth outer surface of the 'S' shape, 10 feet long hose with a fabric likes texture.

Thanks.

Thanks Xcad,

I had color.map loaded.

Under Detail tab, Map button is grayed out. How can I make it to become accessible?

Thanks

try this

1. Click View > Model Settings > Color & Appearances.

2. Click Add to open the Appearance Editor.

3. If desired, create a color for this appearance. Usually, a color is needed to define an appearance when you are using bump maps and decals, in which case the color is seen underneath the texture. Color textures typically cover an entire surface or part so they do not need an underlying color.

4. Click the Detail tab on the Appearance Editor.

5. Click the Map button for the desired texture type and either use the file browser to select the file or enter the full name of the texture file. If you have entered a directory for texture_search_path in config.pro, PhotoRender will locate the texture file in that directory.

6. Change the bump height coefficient and the decal intensity coefficient as desired.

7. If desired, enter a name for the appearance.

8. Click OK to finish defining the appearance. The name is displayed as you move the cursor over the appearance swatch on the Appearances Palette.

xcad

try this

1. Click View > Model Settings > Color & Appearances.

2. Click Add to open the Appearance Editor.

3. If desired, create a color for this appearance. Usually, a color is needed to define an appearance when you are using bump maps and decals, in which case the color is seen underneath the texture. Color textures typically cover an entire surface or part so they do not need an underlying color.

4. Click the Detail tab on the Appearance Editor.

5. Click the Map button for the desired texture type and either use the file browser to select the file or enter the full name of the texture file. If you have entered a directory for texture_search_path in config.pro, PhotoRender will locate the texture file in that directory.

6. Change the bump height coefficient and the decal intensity coefficient as desired.

7. If desired, enter a name for the appearance.

8. Click OK to finish defining the appearance. The name is displayed as you move the cursor over the appearance swatch on the Appearances Palette.

xcad

Xcad,

Thanks for your help.

You just mentioned the key word - PhotoRender.

I don't have license for PhotoRender. That probably explains why the Map button is greyed out.

Thanks again.

Thavu

Sponsor

Articles From 3DCAD World

Back