Continue to Site

Welcome to MCAD Central

Join our MCAD Central community forums, the largest resource for MCAD (Mechanical Computer-Aided Design) professionals, including files, forums, jobs, articles, calendar, and more.

text feature cut, adding to family table

SENOCON

Hello,

Does any one know how to add the text string used in a cut or protrusion into the famly table. I want to be able to change the text of the cut by changing it in the famly table. Such as size or other info

Thanks in advance..

Create a parameter called "name" or anything you want to call it. Create it as a "string" parameter. It will prompt you for what you want to enter as the string.

When creating the sketch, there is a pick at the top for "Enter text manually" or "Use parameter". Select the Use parameter and then select the button "Select parameter" which will open the parameter dialog box. From there pick on the string you want and hit the button "Insert selected". It will put a string in the text box that reads &parameter name.

That should do it. Hope this helps.

Opps, sorry I missed that version thing. Can't remember how it was in WF1.

Try this. Create the parameter as was detailed. When it prompts you for the text string in sketcher, enter &parameter name. Don't forget the apersand and make sure the parameter name is what you created.

If that works, you can add the parameter to a family table. Or go to 2.0, it's better, has a little more functionality, less buggy and muchmore stable.

Tryed that, does not work, I called the help line and they said that there is no option to do it in wildfire only wildfire2, I'll have to convince my customer to move to wildfire2(its about time).

thanks

Your right. I tried it on WF1 and it doesn't work. Thought I did that before but I guess not. Sorry I couldn't help.

Sponsor

Articles From 3DCAD World

Back