Continue to Site

Welcome to MCAD Central

Join our MCAD Central community forums, the largest resource for MCAD (Mechanical Computer-Aided Design) professionals, including files, forums, jobs, articles, calendar, and more.

symbols in parameters

saspinall

anyone know how to put in a pro-e symbol ie diameter symbol into a parameter which is used on the format ie title description etc. I onced stumbled across, purely by accident, a keyboard shortcut to input them but have forgotten how to access it. Using WF2

Stu

cheers, I know that. It's adding a symbol from the symbol palette that I want to do. You know the symbols box that appears when you add a note. The title for my part is 0.5dia x 0.5lg screw but I want the dia symbol in front of the description parameter in the format. Like I said, one time I stumbled over a keyboard shortcut that took you into entering symbols ie d was dia something else was degrees but cant reproduce the key setting I pressed to get there.

Stu

In a drawing, create a note with diameter sysbol.

Then with 'Edit text with full note editor' open the text and copy the symbol. Which will look like this " n " and paste it.

BTW, I'm using 2001.

in 2001 this works, the control-a starts the special
character then type the character n (for diameter) then
control-b ends it (no returns).
<ctrl>a
n
<ctrl>b

cmarcum,

Cheers mate thats exactly what I wanted and since I was in the character mode I've looked at all the others. Know one for degrees or not ?

Stu

SASPINALL,

I've read all the replies above and see that you've got the answer that you were looking for with the Cntl-A --- Cntl-B solution. What I don't understand is why you weren't seeing a "Symbols Table" come up when you were creating the parameter note and trying to add a diameter symbol??

When I create a note in WF2, using INSERT -- NOTE -- MAKE NOTE, and then click the screen where I want the Note to be placed, a "Symbols Table" pops up showing 35 different graphical symbols that are available to add to the Note by simply clicking on the appropriate one you want to add. I think these probably relate to the same symbols that you would get if you used the Cntl-A --- Cntl-B process and then inserted the appropriate character in between.

I'd like to understand why this couldn't be the answer to your original question. Maybe I didn't understand it. If you have the time, could you reply here. Thanks... I'm relatively new to ProE and have lots to learn.

SASPINALL,

I have the same question as JTMA67. I'm using 2001. I tried to use the method you were asking. I don't know how it works. Can any one tell me what is wrong?

Thanks,

Carrie

jtma67 and yx2002. The symbols box didn't appear because I'm typing the note as a parameter on the format or as a parameter in the part which will later appear in the format. I've used the ctrl a n ctrl b method and it works fine. (WF2)

Hope this helps

Stu

Sponsor

Articles From 3DCAD World

Back