Continue to Site

Welcome to MCAD Central

Join our MCAD Central community forums, the largest resource for MCAD (Mechanical Computer-Aided Design) professionals, including files, forums, jobs, articles, calendar, and more.

Sweep Increments

nkpham

I am using a datum curve that is really long and trying to sweep something relatively small along it. the protrusion is not smooth along the curve, probably due to approximations from the program. does anyone have any suggestions as to what is wrong or how to fix it?

Hello

there is nothing wrong with that feature, try this :

View > Display Settings > Model Display > Shade > change the quality to the maximum (10)

As you can see your appearance is better now.

If you don

Hello,

I made the changes to my quality setting, which was originally 3, and set to 100 but when I hit the apply button the quality value resets to 10. I am using 2001 i2. The view does improve when going from 3 to 10 but why not 100?

Thanks for any advise.

I think I got it to work. Thank you. I had to change something else though to get the curve completely smoothed out. It was all in that menu you <xcad> mentioned though.

BTW, if anyone was wondering, i went into the same menu and under the tab for edge/line, i changed the edge quality to very high. it gives a better approximation. the curve is still not perfectly smooth though.

Try changing your accuracy (Setup > Accuracy). The default is .0012. The lower the number, the better the accuracy. This may make Pro/E create smaller line segments that represent your curve. Try changing it to .0010, .0008, etc. until you're satisfied.

If you raly need it to appear smoother go to SETUP/ACCURACY and set it to a finer value! The protrusion geometry is as smooth as your models accuracy! But for the sake of your computers performance Pro/e displays it only as smooth as it needs to, as it will take a lot more time to compute a part with higher accuracy. Then the math engine within Pro/Engineer has to compute to a much higher degree.

I had another question for everyone.... I need to make this part really accurate, but it gives me errors about not being able to create the geometry. I know it is because it is a very detailed and complicated piece compared to the whole object. Is there a way to bypass this and have it create it anyways?

Actually.... the change in accuracy made it possible for me to make my piece. Dang... You guys have helped me a lot. Thank you all!!!

Sponsor

Articles From 3DCAD World

Back