Continue to Site

Welcome to MCAD Central

Join our MCAD Central community forums, the largest resource for MCAD (Mechanical Computer-Aided Design) professionals, including files, forums, jobs, articles, calendar, and more.

Sweep Blend

amd450

I'm trying do a Sweep Blend, I created a datum curve with a model of a square and other like a circle and I did a arc with datum curve to do the trajectory, When I need select the section I dont got understand where went that I mistake. But I knew that my mistake happen when I need select the Section. What do I need do?

Andre Almeida

hello

lets make the feature from the start.

Insert > Protrusion > Swept Blend

SketchSec>NrmToOriginTraj>Done

Sketch Traj > pick the sketching plane > accept or not the direction and the orientation

Sketch the arc > OK > and the rotation of the z-axis > OK

Sketch the first section and click ok when its done.

Now sketch the next section on the other side of the arc (and enter the orientaion of the z-axis), sketch two centerlines (in purpose to use them to divide the circle into same number of entities as the first section).

Use the divide tool and divide the circle and Done.

Be careful to have the same start points

see the result

hope this helps

xcad

hello

lets make the feature from the start.

Insert > Protrusion > Swept Blend

SketchSec>NrmToOriginTraj>Done

Sketch Traj > pick the sketching plane > accept or not the direction and the orientation

Sketch the arc > OK > and the rotation of the z-axis > OK

Sketch the first section and click ok when its done.

Now sketch the next section on the other side of the arc (and enter the orientaion of the z-axis), sketch two centerlines (in purpose to use them to divide the circle into same number of entities as the first section).

Use the divide tool and divide the circle and Done.

Be careful to have the same start points

see the result

hope this helps

xcad

Sponsor

Articles From 3DCAD World

Back