Continue to Site

Welcome to MCAD Central

Join our MCAD Central community forums, the largest resource for MCAD (Mechanical Computer-Aided Design) professionals, including files, forums, jobs, articles, calendar, and more.

sweep blend & engineering drawing problem

aykevin

Hi all,

I have "sweep blend" an object, and i need a hole to go right across it. is it possible to remove material using the extrude function? it doesn't seem to work for me.

Also, I'm required to export engineering drawings of my model, I've made my model vertically, but i need it to be horizontal in the engineering drawing, does anyone know how to spin it around?

any help would be grateful.

Thanks

Pro/E always defaults to adding material. There is a flip icon that toggles between adding & removing material. (Assuming you are using some version of Wildfire with the dashboard interface, earlier versions have separate commands for adding & removing material.)

For your second question, pick a general (not projection) view, RMB properties. The dialog box comes up in the orientation page. If you have a named view of the orientation you want just pick it & apply. Otherwise, click angles, select the axis you want to use (Rotation reference) & type in how much you want to spin it (90 degrees), apply.

Sponsor

Articles From 3DCAD World

Back